- This event has passed.
May 4, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Engaging our government is the most powerful thing we can do as citizen advocates. The SEEK Advocacy Training will equip you to take quick, easy, and effective action on behalf of refugees by providing the tools and background needed to effectively contact legislators, speak to current refugee issues, and stay up to date on legislation that impacts refugees.
At the training, you will learn:
- The basics of the legislative process
- The basics of the Refugees Resettlement Program
- How to research policy issues
- How to build relationships with your legislators
- How to develop a strategy for your own advocacy
- How to lobby and influence legislators
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you and serving alongside you.
— In order to attend the training you need to be registered online. If you are not registered, click below to join our work.
— Cost: $10
[btn_tmw class=”btn”]REGISTER NOW[/btn_tmw]